Great Business Opportunity
Over the past decade, shifting consumer trends toward casual clothing reduced the need for dry cleaning services that are typically only used for formal and office wear. Moreover, the convenience of dry cleaning alternatives and advanced at-home laundering machines buoyed demand for industry services. The proliferation of casual office attire continues to reduce demand for dry cleaning services. Therefore, dry cleaning is a price-premium service, and consumers typically only dry clean formal attire that cannot be laundered at home.
Dry cleaners have implemented price hikes over the last five years to maintain profitability amid the falling demand. Customers want convenience, and this is an inescapable fact in the dry cleaning industry. To enhance convenience, dry cleaners have incorporated two similar but slightly different services. The first is a pickup and delivery service where the dry cleaner picks up the laundry at the customer’s home or office and returns it once it is clean.
The Dry-Cleaning Pickup and Delivery service has traditionally been very fragmented, with a large number of small operators, both for clients and service providers. There are few companies that offer online Dry Cleaning and Laundry Pickup service at the local market and as such, there are no major players in this industry; no companies with a dominant market share in this industry.
The new Cleantie App gives customers the power to request on-demand dry cleaning and laundry with the tap of a button. It enables the local Dry cleaners to provide the most convenient, high-quality pickup and delivery service, giving drivers the power to deliver goods using the latest route optimization technology. Customers are also able to schedule order and pickup services via the app or online. The driver promptly shows up with laundry bags, collecting belongings, and answering any questions about the order including any special requests. The customer can then view the status of the order every step of the way through the app. The customer gets notified via Text Message when the garments are clean and ready for delivery.
Almost everything is run through an app and this trend will continue to profit future endeavors. Scheduling, delivery, customer information, and many other resources will be funneled through an app, and the best dry cleaners are fully prepared to ride this wave.
The U.S. laundry facilities & dry cleaning services market is expected to reach USD 14.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The surge in on-demand laundry delivery services is anticipated to correspond with the demand in the upcoming years. Several factors such as e-laundry apps are anticipated to drive this growth.
Companies are also implementing new technology to automate the washing and delivery process, resulting in faster turnaround times. On-demand solutions have been using digital marketing and consumer engagement on social platforms to increase interest towards a younger target audience. This factor is expected to be attributing toward the market growth in the coming years.
In addition, investors have been increasingly involved in funding start-ups, contributing to the expansion of the on-demand laundry industry. Dry cleaners looking to modernize their assembly process may want to consider newer systems that automate sorting and tagging through technologies such as the cloud and other forms of web communication. The dry-cleaning sector is beginning to incorporate computerized lockers inside office and apartment buildings to allow customers to pick up and drop off their laundry at their earliest convenience. Drivers pick up, clean, and then return the clothing to these designated lockers which notify customers of the completed transaction. These aforementioned factors contribute towards the increased integration of laundry technology.
The new Cleantie App gives customers the ability to request on-demand dry cleaning and laundry with the tap of a button, enabling local cleaners to deliver the most convenient, high-quality pickup and delivery experience. It provides drivers with the ability to deliver goods using the latest route optimization technology. The process is as follows:
- Customer uses Cleantie app to find the best local dry cleaner or laundromat that offer pickup delivery service. The vast majority of consumers (86%) read reviews for local businesses. Cleantie app shows the business rating based on Cleantie verified customer reviews. Consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before feeling able to trust a local business. 40% of consumers only take into account reviews written within the past 2 weeks. Click here to read more about review survey.
- Sign-up will not be allowed if there is no local dry cleaner that offers the service.
- Customer schedules an order pickup via the Cleantie App. The driver shows up promptly using the Cleantie driver App with laundry bags to collect the belongings, answer any questions about the order, and take any special requests.
- The Drycleaner uses the Cleantie POS app to process the collected orders.
- The driver uses the Cleantie Driver App to deliver clean items using the latest route optimization technology.
- The customer can then view the status of the order every step of the way through the mobile app or our online services. The customer receives notifications via Text Message when the order is clean and ready for pickup.
Customers have become increasingly sophisticated and seek the latest technology to operate the business more effectively.
The demand for online pickup/delivery business is expected to increase over the next five years. This year it is estimated that millennials in the U.S. alone will spend $200 billion mostly through online services.
Almost everything is run through an app and this trend has a promising future. Scheduling, delivery, customer information, and many other resources will be funneled through an app, and the best dry cleaners are fully prepared to ride this wave.